Golf Otago – Chief Executive Officer
Golf Otago is one of the largest Regional Sports Organisations in Otago, with golf courses spread far and wide throughout the province and with a club membership of approximately 9000.
They are looking to appoint a Chief Executive Officer to execute the day to day management of the sport and to deliver the strategic goals of the organisation.
The role has the following key delivery components:
- Lead and manage the administration and operation of Golf Otago fostering an environment of continuous improvement in doing so. This would include the utilisation, motivation, and support of the organisation’s significant volunteer base.
- Ensure that golf is promoted to the fullest extent throughout the region including the utilisation of all communication channels as appropriate.
- Provide opportunities to take part that are age and stage appropriate and have been developed with the full appreciation of all participant and non-participant feedback.
- Provide a profitable organisation.
This role requires a high level of passion, initiative, and commitment. It also requires you to possess:
- Experience in volunteer management and recruitment.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work with a wide variety of people.
- A practical understanding of the non-profit funding sector including funding application processes.
- Experience and a track record in contract negotiation, working in partnership with stakeholders and sponsors.
- Knowledge of the New Zealand sport and recreation sector and Otago community sporting networks.
This could be your opportunity to have an impact on the the future of a major participation sport.
Any enquiries can be directed to:
Community Sport Manager
027 695 8007
A full position description are available on the Sport Otago website at www.sportotago.co.nz.
Please apply via the Seek website: www.seek.co.nz