The Golf Otago Order of Merit (OOM) is a year long points table rewarding player performances in selected tournaments within the Golf Otago calendar. At the conclusion of the OOM, the leading players will receive funding to help with their future golfing endeavors.
How it works
- The top 15 (and ties) players in Strokeplay and the top 16 players in Matchplay events receive points.
- There are three categories of points. Categories 1 & 2 are Strokeplay events and category 3 is Matchplay.
- The top 6 points accumulated in a player’s season will be divided by 8 to find their final points for the year.
- Players can play more than 6 events. Only 6 events (best 6) will count towards end of year points.
- The player only receives points in the position they have placed. For example, if a player that is not in the OOM (players from other districts) finish in a higher position in the tournament, the player in the Otago player in the OOM do not receive that person’s points.
- Must be a financial full playing member, with their home club held within the Golf Otago district.
- Must be available for Otago team selection if selected.
Failure to meet criteria will result in the player not receiving a prize at the conclusion of the OOM, points wiped clean, and the player taken out of competition.
Should any Order of Merit winner move out of the province or become unavailable to play for Otago after a development fund has been issued the balance of the unused fund will be retained by Golf Otago to at their discretion (applies to 2020 Order of Merit development funds).
click for the following